- Shares of vaccine maker Moderna MRNA 5.28% got a booster shot, jumping 7.9% premarket after the S&P Dow Jones Indices said Moderna will join the S&P 500 prior to the opening of trading on July 21. It will replace Alexion Pharmaceuticals, ALXN -3.27% which AstraZeneca AZN -4.75% plans to acquire.
- Intel INTC -1.26% is exploring a deal to buy GlobalFoundries, according to people familiar with the matter, in a move that would rate as its largest acquisition ever. The semiconductor giant’s shares ticked up 0.9% premarket.
- Chinese regulators slammed the brakes on Didi Global DIDI -2.06% ‘s shares, having on Friday entered the ride-hailing giant’s offices to conduct a cybersecurity investigation. U.S.-traded Didi shares were down 4.3% ahead of the bell.
- American Outdoor Brands AOUT 5.99% reported a net profit for the recent quarter after a loss a year earlier, but investors seem less than impressed. Shares of the outdoor sporting and camping goods retailer dropped 9.6% off hours.
- Alcoa AA -1.71% shares added 1.9% premarket after the aluminum producer topped second-quarter sales and income expectations as it benefited from strong demand and rising prices.
- Kansas City Southern KSU 0.77% said revenue during the recent quarter got a boost from a strengthening Mexican peso. The railroad operator’s shares were up 1% premarket.
- Charles Schwab SCHW 0.50% is among the companies reporting earnings Friday.
Copyright ©2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8