Pinterest’s stock (NYSE: PINS) has fallen by 15% over the last five trading days. In comparison, the broader S&P500 fell by 0.7% over the last five trading days. The sell off in the stock is said to be because of a cautious note on March-quarter financial results from an analyst report wherein it was noted that “Q1 looks like it ended softer than mid-quarter expectations would indicate.” The company is expected to report earnings on April 27, 2021. As per consensus estimates the company is expected to report revenues around $472 million for the quarter while earnings for the same period are expected to be around $0.08. Now, is PINS’ stock poised to grow? We believe that there is a strong chance of a rise in PINS’ stock over the next month (twenty-one trading days) based on our machine learning analysis of trends in the stock price over the last ten years. See our analysis on Pinterest’s Stock Chances Of Rise for more details.
Five Days: PINS -15%, vs. S&P500 -0.7%; Underperformed market
(4% likelihood event)
- Pinterest stock declined 15% over a five day trading period ending 4/22/2021, compared to the broader market (S&P500) fell of 0.7%
- A change of -15% or more over five trading days is a 4% likelihood event, which has occurred 21 times out of 502 in the last two years
Ten Days: PINS -16%, vs. S&P500 1.1%; Underperformed market
(8% likelihood event)
MORE FOR YOU
- Pinterest stock declined 16% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to the broader market (S&P500) rise of 1.1%
- A change of -16% or more over ten trading days is a 8% likelihood event, which has occurred 38 times out of 497 in the last two years
Twenty One Days: PINS 1.1%, vs. S&P500 5.9%; Underperformed market
(59% likelihood event)
- Pinterest stock rose 1.1% over the last twenty-one trading days (one month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) rise of 5.9%
- A change of 1.1% or more over twenty-one trading days is a 59% likelihood event, which has occurred 288 times out of 486 in the last two years
While Pinterest stock may have moved, Want exposure to the increasing digitization of the economy through and post Covid-19? Check out our theme on Internet Infrastructure Stocks.